This article is about the beverage. August 28, 1898, and then as Pepsi in 1961. The original recipe also included sugar and vanilla. Bradham sought to hire purchase and installment purchase system pdf a fountain drink that was appealing and would aid in digestion and boost energy.
In 1903, Bradham moved the bottling of Pepsi-Cola from his drugstore to a rented warehouse. The next year, Pepsi was sold in six-ounce bottles, and sales increased to 19,848 gallons. Pepsi-Cola, describing it as “A bully drinkrefreshing, invigorating, a fine bracer before a race. The advertising theme “Delicious and Healthful” was then used over the next two decades. In 1926, Pepsi received its first logo redesign since the original design of 1905.
In 1929, the logo was changed again. Assets were sold and Roy C. Megargel bought the Pepsi trademark. Loft was a candy manufacturer with retail stores that contained soda fountains. Coke refused to give him a discount on syrup.
On three separate occasions between 1922 and 1933, The Coca-Cola Company was offered the opportunity to purchase the Pepsi-Cola company, and it declined on each occasion. The original stylized Pepsi-Cola logo used from 1898 until 1905. The fourth stylized Pepsi-Cola logo used from 1940 to 1950. It was used again in 2014. The original trademark application for Pepsi-Cola was filed on September 23, 1902 with registration approved on June 16, 1903. In the application’s statement, Caleb Bradham describes the trademark and indicated that the mark was in continuous use for his business since August 1, 1901. The patent describes Pepsi-Cola as a flavoring syrup for soda water.
This trademark expired on April 15, 1904. The application date submitted by Caleb Bradham for the second trademark is Saturday, April 15, 1905, with the successful registration date of April 15, 1906, over three years after the original date. Curiously, in this application, Caleb Bradham states that the trademark had been continuously used in his business “and those from whom title is derived since in the 1905 application the description submitted to the USPTO was for a tonic beverage”. In 2014, the 1940 wordmark was used again and replacing the current wordmark on many cans.